Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sellings and Blessings

I woke up this morning, ready to put out my huge garbage bags full of clothes for sale. I packed up my things, drove to my friend's house in Yuba City (because her street is more populated than mine) and put my things out for sale. I put up some signs pointing to our yard sale, which also said "For the least of these," because the money I earn is going straight into my funds for missions. I prayed for God to bless my endeavors, that I might have money to put towards His ministry. Not too long after I set things up, a van with dark tinted windows pulls up and parks in the middle of the street. A big African American man and a youth aged looking boy step out of the van. The boy, who was wearing a shirt proclaiming "I ♥ Haters" shirt started grabbing a ton of things off the table and taking them into the van, not asking for prices or anything. A few seconds later, the passenger side door is opened and I hear a woman's voice saying "how much for all these lotions?" "You can have them for a quarter" I say, walking up to the door so I can see her face. She starts asking me about all the sizes on my summer dresses, shorts, and shirts for sale. She asks me to bring them all up to the door and show them to her because she can't get out of the car. I spend about 20 minutes showing her all of the clothes with the size she was looking for. She filled up a huge bag of clothes that she thought her daughters would like. At first impression, I thougt the van was sketchy, and that this lady sent the guys out to just grab stuff and go because I would be intimidated and not say anything. But after I went up and started talking with her, I realized that my first impression was completely wrong. I started asking her about her, and she told me her name was Sarah. She told me that she fell and has to have surgery on her hip, because she is in pain all of the time and can barely walk. I told her that my God is the great physician and asked if I could pray for her hip, and if she would mind me laying my hands on her. She said "yes, of course, my grandson is always doin that for me like when he gets back from church and stuff." So I go around to the driver's side and put my hand on her hip and told the pain to leave, that it has no authority in her life, and that in the name of Jesus Christ, that it would leave and not come back. I asked her how it felt after that and she said "wow, I felt most of the pain trinkle down my leg and there's only a little bit left!" So I asked if I could pray for her again that the rest would leave. I prayed again that Jesus would heal her and that the pain would leave. She said that there was still a tiny bit, but felt a lot better than it did before. I asked if I could pray for her one last time but she said "no, that's enough, my grandson prays for me too. Thank you though, if my leg is healed, I'm gonna be back knocking on your oor asking you for prayers and asking about this God and how you did it!" So I smiled and said "My God is healer, and I'd be happy to pray for you anytime and tell you about him. Feel free to come back Sarah." So she seemed to be very blessed and excited to see what God would do in her hip. They finished deciding on clothes and were ready to leave. I smiled at them all and told them that they were all awesome and thank you for stopping by! Sarah seemed excited to get home and test her leg and once again said "I'll be back knocking on your door if my leg is healed" and I said "Awesome, my God is healer, come back anytime" (even though I'm not even at my home, but at my friends). I told my friend about it, and told her that if Sarah comes back and I'm not here, that its her responsibility to love on Sarah and pray for her, sharing Jesus Christ. She obliged, as I knew she would. This morning I expected to sell a few things and throw some money into my "Katie's Missionary Fund." I did get some money to put into my fund, but more importantly, I got to show this woman the love and power of Jesus Christ, instead of just getting money to go do so elsewhere. Praise Jesus for his never ending grace, love, and desire to see His creation healed. Continue to pray for Sarah and her children, that they might come to know relationship with Jesus Christ. 


 Blessings, 
 Katie Grace 


 * As always, I thankfully accept any donations put on your heart to give to my ministry. All funds will be directly used for ministry purposes, not excluding travel expenses in and outside of the country. You can easily donate by clicking the DONATE at the top of this blog. Forms of payment accepted are also shown in the icons below the DONATE button. If you have any questions concerning donations, as well as any concerns, or prayer requests, you are always welcome to contact me through comments or my personal e-mail address (ilovecharlotte@att.net) Thank you so much for supporting this ministry. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment